CITY CLEAN UP DAYS – 2016
The City of Monticello will be conducting its semi-annual clean up days, for residential customers only, on September 12th, 13th, and 14th. The clean up schedule will begin each day at 7:00 a.m. on your regular garbage pick-up day. Items to be collected should be set out with your normal garbage.
Please note that the following that WILL or WILL NOT be picked up:
Appliances and white goods (furnaces, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, water heaters, trash compactors, etc) will be picked up if the $10.00 city tag is on the item.
Electronics (tv’s, laptops, monitors, devices with a picture tube/screen, etc) will be picked up if the $15.00 city tag is on the item.
The $10.00 and $15.00 tags may be purchased at the City Clerk’s Office 8 am – 5 pm Monday thru Friday.
– All regular garbage MUST be in City Bags
– Articles too big for bags and not recyclable
– Electronics (televisions, printers, computers, VCRs, monitors, etc)
– EMPTY paint cans
– Wood, siding, if bundled, not more than 50 pounds
WILL NOT TAKE:
– Paint – Batteries – Recyclables -Yard Waste
– Pesticides – Fluorescent Bulbs – Tires
***ITEMS FOR THE CLEAN UP CAN NOT BE PLACED ON THE CURBSIDE BEFORE SEPTEMBER 9th. RESIDENTS NOT COMPLYING ARE SUBJECT TO A FINE.***
If you have any questions about City Clean Up Days, call the Clerk’s Office at 319-465-3577